Hodges Square Environmental Improvements
Hodges Square is a 1960’s housing estate consisting of five blocks of maisonettes and six houses in the Butetown area of Cardiff.
The primary attribute for the scheme is to improve the current parking arrangement in the area, along with improving the aesthetics of Hodges Square.
- Realignment of parking facilities in the area, to create 4 additional parking spaces
- Additionally to improve the aesthetics of Hodges Square by opening up of the area by removing existing walls and high hedgerows around the existing pocket garden, and the felling of trees
- Raise the existing sunken playground level, and remove all of the existing play equipment and replace with toddler friendly play equipment and raised play mounds
- Localised carriageway drainage works
- Construction of 3 No. Brick Garages
- Carriageway resurfacing and associated scheme revisions to road markings
- Street furniture installation
- Street lighting works
- Construction of 3No. Brick Garages
A local resident said:
“Now the work to Hodges Square is coming to an end I would like to comment on how nice it looks. The children’s play area is lovely now raised to ground level, I’m sure they will enjoy playing there in the warmer weather. The paving and brickwork has enhanced the look of the square, the extra parking bays are very welcome!!”