- We are looking to recruit promising new apprentices to join our rapidly growing business in South East and West Wales.
- Following an initial assessment we will assign you to one of our established ground work gangs with the Ganger acting as your mentor.
- During your time with the gang you will get exposure to exciting construction projects and your mentor will develop your skills over a number of months.
- One day per week will be spent undertaking off-site training with a local training company where you will expand on the knowledge and experience gained on site.
- The Apprenticeship will run for 18 months to 2 years, during which time you will be regularly assessed as part of the NVQ in groundworks, working towards a Groundworker qualification.
- Company Induction
- Full training, support and mentoring
- Specific Health & Safety
- Plant qualifications
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (Maths, English)
- Team Working
- Positive attitude to Health & Safety
- Prepared for hard work
- Interest in this sector of work
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Take pride in work
GCSE Maths and English grade A-F or equivalent.
Griffiths prides itself in developing Operatives toward supervisory roles, initially supervising a gang, then a section and finally whole projects. We support the right candidates through supervisor training. At key stages during your apprenticeship, and in the time afterwards, the hourly rate will be reviewed and hardworking, successful operatives will be rewarded with increases to the hourly rate.
Driving Licence and own transport essential as you will be required to get to various sites which are not possible to access by public transport.
Regular drug and alcohol checks take place.
Hours of Work
Under 18s are only allowed to work 40 hours per week
For over 18s, the standard hours are 45 hours per week 07:30-17:00 Monday-Friday
If you are interested in the above please send your cv or letter of application to email@example.com